GPS Asset Tracking
Fleet management and administration are critical for your company’s success. Without it, confirming the whereabouts of employees and assets would be nearly impossible. Therefore, it is essential to have a solution in place that allows the tracking and managing of mobile assets. This means having the tools to know where products, vehicles, or assets are 24/7. This is helpful for both inventory management and loss prevention regardless if the business is a Fortune 500 company or a local HVAC operation.
Asset tracking and administration oversight has become far easier for businesses thanks in large part to theGPS tracking system. GPS tracking devices are ideal for asset monitoring because the technology allows a company to know the current location of any asset in real time as well as historicallocation data.If your business is researching GPS asset tracking technology to help improve operations, check out our list of the 20 best asset trackers of 2022!
20 Best GPS Asset Trackers 2022
Below is our list of the top fleet management softwareand hardware solutions for high-value equipment, as well as the characteristics of each company. Moreover, you’ll be able to view the advantages of electronic logging device systems vs wireless GPS trackers, as well as some basic company info so you can learn more about each business and their products.
1. Tracking System Direct
- Discover Where Employees & Assets Are Located 24/7
- Find Out If Your Partner Is Cheating
- Protect The Things That Are Most Valuable To You Or Yur Business
Tracking System Direct offers a variety of security products designed to help you track your assets in real time. The fleet tracking company’s top-selling product, SpaceHawk GPS, is a portable GPS device with a magnet mount that can easily be attached inside or outside of a company vehicle. This makes it easy to track and trace with real-time GPS tracking any vehicle, asset, or rental equipment! There is no easier way to protect company assets and make sure employees are doing what they are supposed to be doing!
THE BEST WAY TO GET THE TRUTH!
Southern California-based Tracking System Direct Inc is one of the most well-known fleet management software developers and marketers in the GPS tracking industry. Their award-winningGPS tracker solutions such as the SpaceHawk and OBD2 port vehicle tracker will help any business with a fleet of vehicles in the following ways:
- Disable the starter (killswitch) if a company vehicle is stolen.
- Create geofences to know when employees arrive/depart a job site.
- Receive immediate alerts when a vehicle enters or departs a place it shouldn’t;
- Boost dispatcher productivity;
- Additional visibility into asset locations fortrackingyour equipment and ensuring driver safety;
- Determine the need for maintenance based on distance monitoring;
- Prove delivery timeframes using GPS data that is both dependable and extremely accurate.
2. LandAirSea Systems
Chicago-based LandAirSea Systems Inc fleet management solutions include award-winning asset tracking devices such as the GPS 54 and Sync GPS. Their asset tracking solutions are as follows:
- Safeguard both your plugged-in and non-powered assets.
- Boost the protection of your distant assets;
- Save time and improve your equipment management.
- Prevent the theft of equipment and retrieve it;
- Keep track of engine cycles and use to ensure more precise invoicing;
- Sound maintenance warnings based on engine usage, allowing for more efficient service.
3. Verizon Connect
Verizon Connect is one of the leading providers of tracking solutions in the United States and has a brand synonymous with quality, even though the support team is less than helpful. Moreover, their asset tracking solution:
- Includes features for preventive service planning and unpowered asset tracking;
- Can be used to keep track of heavy-duty car’s engine time and upkeep;
- Allows you to keep track of your assets when you’re away from the workplace;
- Provides complete visibility of your resources, allowing you to identify project-critical equipment immediately when needed;
- Even when hundreds of assets are involved, this asset tracking technology may be utilized on a single simple, straightforward interface;
- Allows for tag filtering and searching, so you can quickly locate an item on your screen;
- It shows your car’s use record so you can see how much it’s been used.
4. Rand McNally Connected Car Devices
The DriverConnect platform includes asset trackers from Rand McNally. Similarly, the following are some of the capabilities of their asset tracking software:
- GPS tracking for trucks, containers, and other vehicles;
- Accessibility to all of your resources’ on-screen mapping;
- Regions of assets in great detail, as well as present and historical data;
- Geofencing software sends text alerts when a resource departs or enters a certain area for anti-theft;
- Trackers that are simple to install and operate for real-time tracking;
- Asset tracking technology that lasts 90 hours (S100) without the need for a recharge.
Switchboard’s fleet management services include GPS tracking. Its asset GPS monitoring technology offers:
- Pings that can be sent on a regular basis;
- Geofencing technology that determines the precise entrance and departure times for any place you specify;
- Calculations of holding time, which illustrate how long vehicles spend with clients and assist you in optimizing operations;
- Absolute precision;
- Vehicle GPS trackers for tracking your whole fleet in real-time from one location;
- Speeding notifications to alert your team to any potentially risky driving conduct.
6. Webfleet Solutions
Webfleet Solutions (previously TomTom Telematics) GPS tracking service optimizes asset utilization and offer:
- Simple GPS installation;
- Enhancedfleet efficiency;
- Immediate warnings when a vehicle enters or exits a previously specified region or geo-zone;
- Real-time location data to assist your staff in making “wise, educated decisions”;
- Route analysis and refinement, which can save up to 50% on fuel usage;
- Customer ETAs with GPS location that is more accurate and proof-of-delivery data;
- 3-year battery time.
Omnitracs has created a GPS tracking solution that is smart. One of the essential tools is GPS vehicle tracking, which contains the following features:
- Live GPS tracking that offers fleet analytics in real-time location;
- A web-based tool that allows fleet managers to see the position of each vehicle and driver in real-time;
- The ability to reliably monitor everyday operations thanks to technology;
- Obtain immediate confirmation of whether or not scheduled operations are being carried out;
- Data collection and detailed reporting to reduce dangerous driving behaviors such as exceeding the speed limit;
- Monitoring of fuel use, including idle and private use;
- Simple maps to use and integrate into useful reporting applications for asset visibility.
8. Brickhouse Security
Brickhouse Security provides GPS asset tracking devices to fleet organizations that include the following features:
- Allows your staff to organize and control vehicle tracking anything from any location;
- You won’t have to pay for software updates because it comes with free automatic updates;
- Provides adaptable hardware that may be battery-powered, hard-wired, or a combination of both;
- Outside of the office, you may watch live tracking via a smartphone app or a protected website;
- Allows you to use geofence technology to track when vehicles depart from their scheduled itineraries.
9. Geotab Fleet Tracking & Management
Geotab provides a full range of fleet management services. Its GPS fleet tracking technique is as follows:
- It’s from the world’s most advanced connectedcar business;
- Expanded capability for additional local vehicle assistance;
- Tracks car diagnostics to help you reduce fleet fuel use;
- Trackers that easily plug into your car’s OBD II port are available;
- No transmitter or cable splicing is required during car GPS installation;
- Collects detailed, precise information on the vehicle’s location, unpowered assets, fuel, and travel distance, among other things;
- Forensic restoration of events in case of a collision
10. Linxup GPS Tracking
Linxup employs real-time GPS monitoring to provide the following services:
- Trackers that allow you to find any car fast and;
- When the car is moving, the position is updated every minute;
- An easy-to-use Google Maps interface that allows you to see your whole fleet on one page;
- Real-time GPS tracking data, like traffic situations are extremely useful for improving fleet efficiency;
- A bird’s eye view of all asset locations and information;
- The tools that fleet managers require to deliver accurate ETAs to clients;
- When drivers depart and enter designated routes, geofencing features and alerts are available.
11. Azuga Fleet Management Software
Azuga has created a comprehensive AZUGA fleet management system package. It does the following with the use of GPS fleet tracking:
- Prioritize fleet safety with precise driver behavior data;
- Maintain peak performance from your cars and drivers, providing asset utilization data on whether drivers went above the speed limit you established;
- When a vehicle is in motion, assist in reducing distractions (such as cellular network blocking);
- See how long a car sat idle and where it sat idle, which might help you save money on gas;
- Computerized dispatch alerts based on a driver’s location toimprove dispatching;
- Alive map display to showwhere your fleet is at all times;
- Parked vehicle location to help improve the security of your fleet.
12. NexTraq Vehicle Tracking
NexTraq is part of the Michelin Group. Their internet GPS tracking system tracks your assets and involves the following when it comes to tracking inventory:
- Providing tools to monitor construction assets, transformers, trucks, and other vehicles;
- A complete array of asset tracking devices in the asset protection business, including temperature monitoring;
- Using equipment tracking systems that can be attached to “any object” and placed in any area;
- Avoiding resource theft and providing an additional degree of security;
- Options for solar-powered, battery-powered, and hard-wired electricity;
- Real-time GPS tracking devices that do not require wires or other equipment to install;
- Several months’ worth of battery life.
13. AMS (Asset Monitoring Solutions)
AMS is a well-known vendor of asset trackers and similar applications. Moreover, they provide accurate asset tracking in addition to GPS tracking for your operation.
- It can track everything from non-powered assets to industrial equipment;
- Your asset’s state and condition are available 24 hours a day, seven days a week;
- Tracking devices can display up to 500 recent occurrences;
- Can track assets across borders and present data on a single platform;
- Allow the customer to analyze resource data and organize enterprise fleets into logical groups;
- Dataon any device that has an internet connection;
- Provides a customized asset tracking approach to solve your specific needs.
14. Teletrac Navman
Teletrac Navman has created an asset management platform. Similarly, their tracking systems include the following features:
- It is a centrally managed solution that streamlines business processes;
- Provides complete visibility into asset locations, productivity, and use;
- Reduces costs;
- Asset tracking system for both powered and non-powered objects;
- It comes with maintenance tracking, allowing you to keep your resources in better shape;
- Geofencing features are included, so you’ll know when an item departs a specific region;
- With real-time GPS tracking technology, it’s easier to store and deploy equipment exactly where it’s needed.
15. EROAD Fleet Management System
As part of their efficient resource management solution, EROAD includes GPS asset trackers. Their asset trackers:
- Provide real-time insight into the whereabouts of any type of asset;
- Using the 4G network, they’re tough and dependable;
- A simple full charge for a car GPS tracker can last up to 6 months;
- Switch to a single dashboard to handle all of your resources on a simple, user-friendly interface;
- Allows you to keep track of your whole fleet while also making HOS compliance easier;
- Assist you in keeping track of use and scheduling maintenance scheduling;
- Provide activity reports for power source.
Automile provides asset tracking solutions that include:
- Provide real-time monitoring on asset tracking software with exact positions (within 3 feet of accuracy);
- When devices are unplugged, whether purposefully or inadvertently, include warnings and monitoring;
- Improves the protection and reliability of your resources by watching them 24 hours a day, seven days a week;
- Vehicle tracker systems that come in a variety of sizes and designs to fit any asset;
- Use battery packs with the possibility of hard-wiring for independent power;
- Work on AT&T across the United States, eliminating the requirement for a separate SIM card and data plan.
17. ClearPath GPS
ClearPath GPS is a company that specializes in GPS tracking asset systems. Similarly, real-time asset tracking is included in these GPS tracking systems. They also:
- Assists you in making the most use of your assets in the field;
- When theft is discovered, SMS text notifications are sent;
- Tracking that is weatherproof and operates in the worst conditions;
- Provides you with the compliance manager tools you’ll need to make the most of your resources;
- With highly thorough reports, it saves hours of time;
- Stores an asset’s full movement history, along with a digital trail;
- When powered, this GPS fleet tracking system sends alerts every 30 seconds, and when traveling, it sends notifications every 10 minutes.
18.US Fleet Tracking
US Fleet Tracking is an Oklahoma-based company that uses asset management and tracking platform to provide the following services:
- Improved tracking and management;
- Robust statistics and real-time access;
- Increased security, avoiding the loss or theft of your valuables;
- Exact whereabouts of storage assets, as well as information on whether or not they are in use;
- Trackers that are powered by batteries;
- When activated, the vehicle’s GPS location is provided every 10 minutes or once a day (battery-powered).
Coretex’s sophisticated GPS device system allows them to deliver high-quality asset monitoring and management services. That tracking system is as follows:
- With key fleet management data in one location, it helps you get the most from your resources.
- Increases asset productivity while reducing waiting times for your ROI calculator;
- Ensures that your valuable fleet is safe and secure;
- In the field, sends ABS/EBS failure signals from assets moving around;
- It’s possible to add solar panel power equipment for recharging.
20. Zonar Systems
Zonar Systems has a strong emphasis on GPS tracking inventory, which is accomplished via the ZTrack LTE trademark. Moreover, it:
- Can resist the elements in the outdoors;
- It has a very long battery life;
- Instantly track and trace all of your global asset resources, no matter where they are;
- For more than five years, it has provided trustworthy asset and trailer tracking;
- Aids in the management of low-maintenance assets that are kept for lengthy periods of time;
- It enhances the security of your cellular asset resources, such as high-value gear.
Whether you need a dash camera for liability purposes or a vehicle tracking system to document where your drivers are going, the fleet tracking companies mentioned above certainly have the reputation and hardware to help you safeguard high-value equipment and personnel.
What is the most reliable tracking device? ›
- Vyncs GPS Tracker. : Best for long-term tracking.
- MOTOsafety GPS Tracker. : Best for new drivers.
- Bouncie. : Best for vehicle maintenance.
- SpyTec STI GL300 GPS Tracker. : Best portable tracker.
- Optimus 2.0 GPS Tracker. : Honorable mention.
Personal GPS trackers are versatile and multi-functional. You can use them to track people, pets, and things. From small babies to senior parents, you can use these trackers to ensure their safety.Is there a free GPS tracker? ›
Find My Device by Google is another innovative free GPS tracking app for Android. Provided that a phone is online and you can access its Google account, you can find it.What Tracker has longest range? ›
The best Bluetooth tracker for Android users
The Tile Mate has a long range, is quite loud, and gives you a better chance of finding your lost stuff than other non-Apple trackers.
No distance limit under good gps signal. Longer answer? It depends on your software, hardware and signal. But the rule of thumb is that a real-time GPS tracking device with perfect line-of-sight cellular coverage can be accurate to 6 feet and will work anywhere cellular coverage exists.What is the difference between a GPS and a tracker? ›
To put it in very simple terms, GPS navigation tells you where you are and how to get to a destination. GPS tracking will show you where someone else is and where they have been. This is obviously very useful for businesses. For example, a lawn care company with several crews out in the field may use trackers.Is there anything more accurate than GPS? ›
CPS vastly outperforms GPS which degrades harshly in the dense urban environment.Do GPS trackers really work? ›
Real-time GPS trackers for cars can provide instantaneous speed and location data, while less expensive options record this information for later use. With some GPS vehicle trackers, you can set up real-time alerts to go off when a driver speeds or deviates from a specific area.Can you GPS chip a human? ›
Theoretically, a GPS-enabled chip could one day make it possible for individuals to be physically located by latitude, longitude, altitude, and velocity. Such implantable GPS devices are not technically feasible at this time.What's the smallest GPS tracking device? ›
- AngelSense- Best Affordable Tracker.
- Family1st GPS Tracker- Best Battery Life.
- Whistle 3- Best for Pet Tracking.
- Trakbond Trail- Best Tracker for Kids.
- Geozilla GPS tracker- Best Portable and Lightweight Tracker.
- FitBit- Best for Fitness Enthusiast.
How can I easily track someone? ›
To track someone by phone, contact your phone carrier to enable a tracking plan on family networks, or use sites like Google Latitude, which uses GPS to show where the phone is. If you need to track someone you aren't in contact with, try using a site like White Pages or Private Eye to find an address or phone number.What blocks a GPS tracker? ›
Any electrically conductive metal will reflect and absorb the device's incoming and outgoing signals and interfere with its operation. Wrapping a GPS tracker in aluminum foil is enough to do the job—although copper and even silver work as well. This is an incredibly cheap and easy method of GPS jamming.How can I track someone without paying? ›
- Google Map. Google map is a web-based location tracker. ...
- Find My Device. Find My Device is another Google app to track a cell phone location for free. ...
- AirDroid Free Cell Phone Location Tracker. ...
- Mobile Number Tracker. ...
- Mobile Tracker. ...
- Where's My Droid.
Although the community tracking features of AirTag and Tile work almost identically, AirTag has a clear advantage. This is because an AirTag can leverage any Apple device with the Find My app, which Apple says is approaching one billion devices already.What is better than AirTag? ›
Tile (Mate/Pro/Slim): The most popular choice
Tile has been leading the way in the world of Bluetooth trackers and is one of the best alternatives for AirTag. It features a few different models, such as the Tile Mate, Pro, and Slim, which differ in tracking range and design.
Tile's trackers have Bluetooth ranges from 250 to 400 feet depending on the model, but Apple does not specify an exact range for its AirTag.Which type of GPS possess highest level of accuracy? ›
GPS receivers that use the L5 band have much higher accuracy, pinpointing to within 30 centimeters (11.8 in), while high-end users (typically engineering and land surveying applications) are able to have accuracy on several of the bandwidth signals to within two centimeters, and even sub-millimeter accuracy for long- ...How long do GPS tracking devices last? ›
Typically from 6 months to 7 years battery life. The battery can be chargeable or non-rechargeable.What are the risks of using GPS tracking? ›
Victims could be tracked by potential stalkers; trackers could be secretly placed in cars to make them easier to steal later and spouses could be tracked by abusive partners. It's also possible to install tracking software on a person's phone, but that requires access to the phone and also knowing their passcode.What is the monthly cost for a GPS tracker? ›
How Much Does GPS Vehicle Tracking Cost in 2021? Fleet and truck GPS tracking prices range from $14 to $250 per vehicle, per month. Most GPS fleet tracking systems sit at the lower end of that scale, though, averaging at $25 to $45 per vehicle, per month.
Do all GPS trackers require a monthly fee? ›
Unfortunately, most GPS trackers require monthly subscription fees. It can be too costly for some people to pay the fees. It's prudent for them to buy the best GPS trackers with no monthly fee. The best vehicle tracking device with no monthly fee system allows consumers to use GPS services without extra charges.Is it worth getting a tracker? ›
Having a tracking device installed in your car is one of the most reliable and efficient ways of protecting it from crime. Although they can be quite expensive, these devices will lower your insurance premiums and could save you a huge amount of hassle, in the long run, if your vehicle is stolen.Is Galileo better than GPS? ›
The Galileo system has a greater accuracy than GPS, having an accuracy of less than 1 m when using broadcast ephemeris (GPS: 3 m) and a signal-in-space ranging error (SISRE) of 1.6 cm (GPS: 2.3 cm, GLONASS and BeiDou: 4–6 cm) when using real-time corrections for satellite orbits and clocks.Is military GPS more accurate than civilian GPS? ›
Did you know: the accuracy of civilian and military GPS is the same? According to GPS.gov, the only difference is that the military uses dual-frequency equipment. In some cases, GPS accuracy for civilians is superior through the use of GPS augmentation systems.Which is more accurate GNSS or GPS? ›
GNSS and GPS work together, but the main difference between GPS and GNSS is that GNSS-compatible equipment can use navigational satellites from other networks beyond the GPS system, and more satellites means increased receiver accuracy and reliability.Do GPS trackers work if the car is off? ›
The short answer is yes, the plug-in connection GPS (OBD GPS trackers) and the hardwired GPS trackers can function without a battery as a car is able to generate electricity from both its operating engine and the car battery to power any mobile device without the use of external power sources.Do GPS trackers need cell service? ›
Cell phone service is not required to obtain location data as GPS trackers utilize global positioning satellites, pinpointing locations with exceptional accuracy, to within 15 ft.Can a GPS tracker be hacked? ›
At least one model of GPS tracking devices made by Chinese firm MiCODUS "lacks basic security protections needed to protect users from serious security issues." Hackers can exploit vulnerabilities in a popular GPS tracking device used around the world for vehicle fleet management across many industry sectors.Can a phone scan a microchip? ›
Unfortunately, no. A smart phone can not and will not ever be able to read a pet's microchip. There are no apps for iphone or android that do this and there never will be. There will never be an iphone, android- google, samsung or otherwise that will ever have that capability.How do I know if I have a chip in my body? ›
The best way to check for an implant would be to have an X-ray performed. RFID transponders have metal antennas that would show up in an X-ray. You could also look for a scar on the skin. Because the needle used to inject the transponder under the skin would be quite large, it would leave a small but noticeable scar.
What is Biohax? ›
Biohax is your digital identity physically controlled by you. Tying your digital person to yourself with our Biohax Microchip implant, a biocompatible NFC implant, enables seamless digital interaction with most everyday encounters for example, getting rid of keys, loyalty tokens, money and access cards.What is a nano tracker? ›
The NANO Tracker is a smart waterproof tracker that secures to the vehicle battery reducing the risk of removal. Complimented with Bluetooth connectivity and an internal backup battery.How long does a mini GPS tracker last? ›
The battery life of the GPS tracker varies from one to another. But on average, a GPS device can also last up to 6-12 months without active tracking.Can a GPS track you indoors? ›
In most indoor cases, GPS signals will be blocked or reflected by walls and cannot enter the room. As a result, satellite signals cannot be received properly, so it is impossible to calculate location due to the insufficient signal strength inside the room.Can you track someone's location with just their phone number? ›
You no longer have to approach a mobile network provider to track someone. Instead, you can track a cell phone location by its number with the help of a cell phone tracking application.Can you track a cell phone with just the number? ›
It is not possible to track someone's location just by cell phone number. You also need to use monitoring software for this purpose. The best way to find someone's location is using a cell phone tracking software or app.How can you find someone's exact location? ›
- On your smartphone, open the Google Maps app.
- Tap on your profile picture or initial Account Circle and then go to the option 'Location sharing'
- Tap on the profile of the person whose location you want to find.
On Android and iPhone devices, the google maps app can locate and follow you wherever you are without the internet or without data. The GPS on your smartphone is able to do both things at the same time.What is the easiest GPS to use for seniors? ›
- Enhance your dashcam footage with embedded time, location and speed using... ...
- Home is closer than you think with inReach Mini 2. ...
- Home is closer than you think with inReach Mini 2. ...
- Roam the unknown with Tread – SxS Edition, the rugged powersport navigator...
The devices typically plug into a cigarette lighter or USB/charging port and require a low amount of power. Although illegal in most places, GPS jammers can be purchased online and come in various types, such as Wi-Fi jammers, Bluetooth jammers, remote control jammers or drone jammers.
Will a magnet block a GPS signal? ›
Can You Use a Magnet To Block A GPS Signal? A powerful magnet may hurt your GPS equipment, but magnets in car tracking systems are designed in such a manner that they rarely do.Does aluminum foil block ankle monitor? ›
“Offenders have learned that wrapping the GPS device in aluminum foil can make the GPS tracking points untraceable and disappear.” School science demonstrations show how foil can block radio waves and silence radios.Can you track people without their knowledge? ›
In six states (California, Florida, Hawaii, Louisiana, Minnesota, New Hampshire and Virginia) laws more broadly prohibit the use of electronic tracking devices, not just on vehicles, and not just in the context of stalking, but when they are used to determine the location or movement of a person without consent.How can I track a phone without them knowing on Google Maps? ›
To track someone on Google Maps without them knowing is no longer a thing. Google now let the person know they're sharing their location by sending them a notification. Luckily, you can still use mSpy app to track either your husband or wife without their knowledge.Where is the best place to put a tracking device on a car? ›
Under the Seat:Placing a tracker under the driver's or passenger's seat is one of the easiest ways to monitor a vehicle without getting caught. Few people check under their seats, so this location provides peace of mind, as well as accurate GPS readings.Is there a tracking device that does not require a subscription? ›
The TKSTAR TK915 is a magnetic GPS tracker with no monthly fee. It comes with a sim card slot. This device has a lot of useful features that make it one of the most versatile GPS trackers.How reliable is GPS tracking? ›
The government provides the GPS signal in space with a global average user range rate error (URRE) of ≤0.006 m/sec over any 3-second interval, with 95% probability.Where would you hide a tracking device on a car? ›
- Inside a Door Panel. Most thieves never think to take off the door panels and look for GPS devices. ...
- On the Undercarriage. ...
- The OBD-II Port. ...
- Inside a Brake Light. ...
- Inside a Seat Cushion.
To scan for errant Tile trackers, download the latest version of the Tile app from Google's Play Store or Apple's App Store. For people without an account, simply tap on the 'Scan' button at the top-right corner of the welcome screen.Can you detect a tracking device on your car? ›
Perform an exterior inspection: Use a flashlight and mirror to check areas like the wheel wells and under the vehicle. Most trackers are hidden in easy to reach locations. The tracker may be dirty and difficult to see. Perform an interior inspection: Check the data port first.
Does GPS tracker need cell service? ›
You can always use GPS on your mobile device regardless of an internet or cellular connection. As long as you have a charged smartphone with you, you can find your way around remote areas and foreign landscapes. GPS tracking on your phone works just as well without internet connectivity or cellular service.What is the smallest tracking device on the market? ›
Answer: The smallest GPS tracker on the market is the Mirco Hornet. The tiny GPS tracker developed by Origin GPS weighs only 2.5 gm.What can block a tracking device? ›
Any electrically conductive metal will reflect and absorb the device's incoming and outgoing signals and interfere with its operation. Wrapping a GPS tracker in aluminum foil is enough to do the job—although copper and even silver work as well. This is an incredibly cheap and easy method of GPS jamming.Is there anything more accurate than GPS? ›
CPS vastly outperforms GPS which degrades harshly in the dense urban environment.What's more accurate than GPS? ›
The one thing that you might benefit from is the fact that GLONASS satellites offer a precision accuracy range of 4.5 to 7 meters. But even that means that sometimes they are more accurate than GPS, and other times they are not.What are the disadvantages of GPS tracking? ›
- Location Inaccuracy & Drifting. GPS receivers rely on signals from at least four satellites. ...
- Poor Signal & Battery Life Concerns. ...
- Incorrect Routes. ...
- Unhappy Employees. ...
- Distracted Driving. ...
- Privacy & Data Concerns. ...
- Over Dependency. ...
- Why is my GPS tracker offline?